TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave,
6999

Unfriendly cat

Customer Question

About four months ago I got a kitten, I had another cat and she is about 11 years old. Still to this day I cannot put them together. My older cat gets very angry and runs away or she stays there and hisses and snorts showing no signs of wating to be friendly. She never attacks or anything like that, but Iam scared that she will. I try to put them together as much as possible but it will end up being only for a minute at the most. My oldest cat always stays in my bedroom anyway, so while she is in there the kitten come out. When we go to sleep our we are at work. the kitten stays in another bedroom. My question is what can I do to start keeping them together.
Category: Cat
Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

It will take some time for your older cat to get along - basically for them to get accustomed to each other. Your older cat needs to feel that she is still your best friend...she may feel deeply hurt that she is not getting all of your attention now - and rightly so. She was around first and she is protecting herself and showing your kitten who "rules".... It appears that she is a very warm, loving cat thus, I don't believe that it will be so much of a problem for her to adjust with the new kitten - just patience on your part is required.

You may assist in the process by administering flower essences to your older cat. At any time that an animal, or human for that matter, experiences something new/change, it has an emotional affect - and in some cases, it can take time to digest.

Flower essences are dilute extracts of various types of flowers and plants that are used to treat animals and people. They are similar to homeopathic remedies in that they are diluted and potentized to make them more effective than just using the original flower as a herbal extract. The person who first developed the original flower remedies was Dr. Edward Bach, a famous English physician. He developed the Bach Flower Remedies when he was working as a homeopathic practitioner and devoted the last years of his life to researching and developing his remedies, from 1930 onwards. He wanted to find a simpler form of treatment that would not require anything to be destroyed or altered.

Animals respond just as well to Bach Flower remedies as people, and seem to have similar emotional imbalances that can be corrected with the appropriate remedy. The flowers are gathered from nature when they are just at the point of perfection and it is important that the flowers are free from any toxins and preservatives. The remedies are made by leaving the flower out in the sun and the extracted essence is then diluted in water and preserved with alcohol to make a mother tincture. The resulting remedy is then diluted in spring water to make a solution that can be taken by an animal or a person.

I suggest the following:

Change: Cats are especially place-conscious and extremely aware of new smells and sensations, but Beech can be helpful to any animal who is reacting negatively to a new environment or household member.

Walnut
Helpful in easing stress and assisting emotional adjustment during periods of transition and change. This includes but is not limited to: XXXXX XXXXX of new human or animal babies, new pets in the house, moving, weaning, heat cycles, or the arrival of house guests.

Star of Bethlehem
Can help ease stress associated with, past and present trauma, both physical and psychological, and other traumas that affect your cat's dignity, freedom, health or security.

You can use one or up to a combination of 5 flower essences.

Use directly from bottle or dilute 7 drops of Stock Concentrate in 1 oz. water and put a dropper full of this diluted essence in drinking water 4x a day or as needed. Put them in drinking water, directly in mouth, or drop on paws. You can put them in a spray bottle and spray an animal's kennel, sleeping area or coat. Put in bath water. Rub into your hands and pet the animal! In a time of stress, a crisis, or after an accident, it is best to give EMERGENCY RESCUE, every few seconds or every few minutes until the situation changes. Carry this combination with you at all times. You never know when an emergency will occur.

Animal Flower Essences for all animal's health problems and animal healing

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

If this information was helpful, please accept.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave