ZooCVT
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25 + years of experience w/ sm. animal, fish, exotics, orthopedics, ophthalmology and zoo medicine.
19786

persian: eating normally, drinking water and going to the bathroom

Customer Question

My persian cat seems to have a pain under her right armpit. HOWEVER, she is eating normally, drinking water and going to the bathroom all normally. She is running fine but she gets angry and will not extend her right arm all the way. She has been lying in a top of a comic box for the past week that seemed to small for her. Is it possible that she has a muscle problem. I don’t want to take her to the vet and get probed if I dont have to. Please let me know what you think. We are very upset about this. She is very dear to us. Thank you.

Solace Boyd
Category: Cat
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

Have you checked the area well? Is there any redness...ooziness.....does she act painful in any specific spot?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: I am sorry. I replied through my other e-mail. Here is my answer. There is no oozing and there are no lumps or bumps.    

As I said she is eating, drinking, etc. She plays with the string and reaches for it. HOWEVER, she normally will stretch her arms over her head so we can scratch her. But she does not do that with the right arm. She stretches it, but not all the way. Could she have a cramp from the box that she was lying it, totally contorted at times, the way persians do. I love her so much.
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

She may have tweeked it...pulled a muscle...jumped wrong and sprained
it slightly....its hard to say. I would try and limit her activity for
a week and see if you notice any improvement if it worsens or there's
no improvement the a vet visit for them to palpate it and possibly
x-ray it is needed.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: Thank you so much for your help. This is a wonderful service. Thank you so much.

Solace
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

No problem we're glad to be of help and I hope she feels better soon!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: Thank you so much. I think she just sprained it. Because she is eating fine and her eyes look good. She wouldn't be eating if she felt horrible.
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

Hopefully thats all, just keep an eye on her!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: But wouldn't she be hiding and not eating at all if she were really, really sick?
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

Well if she was really really sick yes but many times animals don't
know any better of when to take it easy when they are injured so its
our job to monitor that. You don't want her getting to the point that
she stops eating so limit her activity and if it continues then a vet
visit.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to ZooCVT's Post: I will send you the $30 on Thursday without a doubt. I promise you and my son thanks you too. I WILL NOT FORGET. I LEFT ALL YOUR E-MAILS THERE SO I WILL NOT FORGET. I JUST NEED TO THURSDAY WHEN I GET PAID.
Expert:  ZooCVT replied 11 years ago.

No problem, just hit the accept button if you are happy with the service!