TheMysticWave
TheMysticWave,
6999

How to remove odor from cat fur

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to remove fecal odor from my 13-year-old cat's fur. He is diabetic and he has neuropathy in his feet, so has numbness in them and can't clean them as well as he used to and also steps in his feces at times. I clean him up with a foam pet shampoo but it just doesn't take all the odor out. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, it would be very difficult to put him in water!

The following product is a great choice! It works well to get rid of the odors from the build up fecal matter!

(Veterinarian's Best Cat Foam Products)
Carried at petsmart* $7.99 for 6 oz.

These revolutionary foam-in formulas make it easier than ever to give your cat a bath or offer relief from certain conditions. These targeted formulas are made with all-natural ingredients like essential oils, aloe vera gel and more to offer great results, naturally. Simply rub a few puffs of foam into your cat's coat and let nature go to work. No rinsing needed.

For pricing and ordering info, please go to the following website:http://www.petsmart.com

Hope it helps! Take care..

cherummy,
Experience: 

Greetings:

You may wish to take a warm, damp wash cloth with a little soap and try to clean the area as best as you can....dry the area -  Then you can sprinkle Arm & Hammer Baking Soda onto your cat's fur and rub, then comb or brush it through and out....This product is non-toxic, so it's safe and and will not traumatize your cat.

I'm sorry for your cat's condition, but he is certainly in the best of hands. You're a good mom!

My very best to you and your cat.

Please take care.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

TheMysticWave,
Experience: 

Greetings:

Adding to my post above.....just be careful to keep the baking soda from getting into your cat's nose and eyes. 

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

I have been searching to assist you for addtional options.

Here's another one you could try.

Mix 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon liquid soap (any mild dish detergent).Use soft rag and wipe it on like a paste, let it stay on. It will loosen the fecal matter in the fur, and make it easier to comb out.

Good luck!
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl's Post: Thank you both so much for the suggestions and kind words...it means a lot to me because my kitty "Charlie" means the world to me and I'd do anything for him >^..^<

Greetings:

Thank you for accepting my response, it's deeply appreciated. You're very welcome - and I do know your kitty means everything to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Charlie. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Please do take care - and great big hugs and kisses to Charlie.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave