August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

Very sick parakeet. Blind in one eye, think it is an

Customer Question

Very sick parakeet. Blind in one eye, think it is an infection. Cannot stay on a perch. Tries to eat and drink but otherwise very weak. Difficulty holding her wings to her body, Can climb the cage walls a little. The bird is about 13 years old. I an thinking she needs to be euthanized so she does not suffer.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the parakeet can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the parakeet's name?
Customer: Green hornet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the parakeet?
Customer: She had a cage mate that died several weeks ago. The cage mate had puffed up feathers. We found her dead at the bottom of the cage.
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Parakeet has died. No need for further answers. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 2 months ago.

I am so sorry. take care.