August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I have an African Grey about 17 years old. We are her 4th

Customer Question

I have an African Grey about 17 years old. We are her 4th home and this is her forever home. She has a large lump on the top right side of her chest. It was there a few days ago, but went away. It is back today. I have no idea what to do. If I go to vet in Savannah, he is strung out again. Please help, we love her so much!!! She is happy and safe for the first time in her life.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the veterinarian has to say. What is the bird's name?
Customer: Skylar
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Skylar?
Customer: She does pluck the feathers out on her chest. Her plucking is no where near as bad as our Umbrella Cockatoo, she was a rescue bird too. Ok
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.