Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Amazon has always eaten apple slices a sugar snap peas in

Customer Question

Amazon has always eaten apple slices a sugar snap peas in addition to Harrison's pellets. All of a sudden doesn't eat fruit and veggies any more!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the bird will be able to digest that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Oaco is 34
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oaco?
Customer: Meant Paco
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. Thankfully, the Harrison's pellets are completely balanced and so apple and snap peas aren't essential. Paco may be tired of those foods and would appreciate something new. Consider hard boiled egg yolk, pancakes and cornbread, the tops of fresh greens, dairy products such as yogurt and cheese, fresh fruits such as apples, pears, melon, kiwi, and berries, vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, beets, asparagus, cabbage, sweet potato, and squash, and even tiny pieces of meat. There's no medical reason for her new preference.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Excellent! I feel better. Thanks so much!!

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did and thanked you for your thorough response! We're good

Thank you.