August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

Diarrohea in pink and grey galah. Seems to have a swollen

Customer Question

Diarrohea in pink and grey galah. Seems to have a swollen 'gland' ?? Near vent. Droppings sticking near vent. Still very active and appears to be eating well could be about 30 years in age
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

How long has she had these signs?

Any weight loss, change to her appetite or thirst?

Can you take a photo of the swelling, as it will let me see what you are seeing? To post online, you can use the paperclip icon above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.