Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

She is holding her leg up and hopping on one leg, Yes I

Customer Question

she is holding her leg up and hopping on one leg
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes I have. There dose not seem to be anything visible.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: she is called Malibu and is approx 6 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Malibu?
Customer: She was free range and I spotted her on our fence.There was a go***** *****ging around and our dogs who usually do not touch her,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to catch her? it sounds like she has an injury and would benefit from pain medication and rest. If you are unable to see any wounds on her foot, then I am less concerned about a condition called Bumblefoot but she may have another injury and she should be evaluated by a vet if you can or at least caught safely if you can do so and give her a thorough examination to determine if she is unable (i.e. has a fracture or some type of neurologic injury) or unwilling (soft tissue injury that will resolve with time, rest and pain medications) to bear weight.

Does she have any trouble with her wings? What kind of bird is she?