Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My rio broke his leg yesterday. He is a little parrot. :/ I

Customer Question

My rio broke his leg yesterday. He is a little parrot. :/
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I looked. There's no wound
JA: What is the parrot's name and age?
Customer: His name is rio
Age around 1 month
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about rio?
Customer: He is still learning to fly. This happened while he flying. That's all
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 23 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site and I suspect that you don't have any where you live. Unfortunately, it's very difficult for me to assess injury from a distance. The type of injury will dictate what - if anything - needs to be done. If a long bone has fractured, I might tape splint the leg. Please see here for ideas:

Can you upload a photo(s) of the affected area to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as