Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Our lovebird has been on the bottom of her cage walking in

Customer Question

Our lovebird has been on the bottom of her cage walking in circles for a few days
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is no wound
JA: What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: JoJo, almost 1.5 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about JoJo?
Customer: I am wondering if she is trying to lay eggs, she has laid eggs 2 times before
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. Please let me know if you still need help. To answer you directly, she may be frustrated not having the materials to make a nest. That's how we attempt to prevent egg formation and laying. You can purchase these materials in a pet/feed store or use household materials such as

• Cloth Strips: Natural fibers – such as cotton, wool, jute, and burlap – make perfect bird nesting materials. ...
  • String and Ribbon: String, twine, ribbon, lace, and yarn make good nesting materials.

which just might stop her behavior. Is she continuing to eat and drink and socialize with you? Her behavior appears to be compulsive which can interfere with health and well-being. You might have to alter her housing dramatically to change her psychological set - a new cage, new "house", new toys, in a different location.