August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

Lok likr the female had a attack... suddenly I found her on

Customer Question

lok likr the female had a attack... suddenly I found her on the bottom of the cage and legs completely tightened and shivering a lot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no wound... but there was lot of sound around as the procession was going on.. and she way nesting.. layed 8 eggs in last month
JA: What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: bunny... albino.. 2.5 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about .?
Customer: one egg hatched 3 weeks back.. unfortunately the baby died 4 days back.. I found it dead in the nest corner in the morning
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. What type of bird and how often is she laying eggs? I worry about a low calcium causing this. Is she still at the bottom of the cage?