PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I was clipping the wings and he was of course not being that

Customer Question

I was clipping the wings and he was of course not being that calm I think I cut the wings too short but it could just be I cut one wing shorter then the other... is there a possiblity of something happening? it wasn't even. he seems fine but still worried. no blood came out.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the bird bleeding a lot?
Customer: NO, not at all. i thought I had cut his blood feather too short, but I could just be paranoid with the fact I couldn't cut it evenly.
JA: Phew. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?
Customer: i was wondering if cutting the wings unevenly would harm him.
Category: Bird
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

If no blood was present, chances are you didn't cut into any area of major concern. It is quite difficult to get wings even when you have a pet who would prefer to not sit still for the procedure. If you don't already have some on hand, make sure you're prepared with Quikstop or cornstarch in case this happens in the future.

http://www.allivet.com/p-3494-kwik-stop-styptic-powder-14gm.aspx?gclid=CO-G3fXR284CFZKCfgodS7cOsA

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy