August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I'm pretty sure my cheek is dehydrated. It seems he stopped

Customer Question

I'm pretty sure my green cheek is dehydrated. It seems he stopped up his water bottle for a couple of days. I live hours away from any vet that does emergency avian. He's taken water from a syringe often. I have no other liquids to give at the moment. He was terribly lethargic , but is now flapping his wings sporadically.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Kiwi, I'm uncertain of age.
JA: How old is Kiwi?
Customer: ...I don't know exactly. Possibly 1-2?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kiwi?
Customer: He won't eat currently
Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 4 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in bird health. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. I hope Kiwi has returned to normal by now, but if he hasn't, let me know what symptoms he is now exhibiting, and I'll try to help. Thank you.