Dr. Gary, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Do you charge service? Feathers on both sides are

Customer Question

Do you charge for your service?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?
Customer: Feathers on both sides are bleeding... not profusely just slightly
JA: Where does the bird seem to hurt?
Customer: i don't know that the bird hurts at all... he seems fine but we are concerned
JA: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?
Customer: no he travels with us... has dinner with us... totally our family member
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like he may have broke some blood feathers. This is not too uncommon. We used to just pull these feathers, but now they are advising against that. Now, you can just use direct pressure to stop the bleeding and some Kwik stop septic powder that is used for toenail trimming. That will allow a clot to form. Within a day or two, they're no longer sensitive. At the next molt, the new feathers will push the broken ones out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is corn starch a suitable substitution?
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

Yes, corn starch would be fine.

I'm sorry, I'm at work and can't take calls right now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.. I hope I was not charged the 28.00 to speak with you... Please confirm...
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

I don't handle the financial side of things. That goes through the site moderators and customer service. If you contact them, they'll make sure you were only charged what you agreed upon and are comfortable with.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you please provide me with that phone number? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

Here's the contact page:

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?