August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

My daughter baby love bird is not eating and just laying.

Customer Question

My daughter baby love bird is not eating and just laying . Did this in morning and then became better but has a gain same symptoms
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Fluffy 5 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fluffy?
Customer: fluff been fine eating and getting feathers growing up . They took it away for weekend all be fine until this morning when it had got out of cage and was just laying on May and as I said had some formula and seemed to be fine . They have Driven home and fluff can't stand and can't eat .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 5 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in avian health. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. If you still need help, some additional information will be useful.

Has Fluffy been hand fed? If yes, with a syringe?

Does he/she have any abnormal breathing or trouble breathing?

Thank you.