August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

Cockatail bleeding from the feathers and pus is coming

Customer Question

Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 3 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in avian health. I'm sorry to hear of your bird's problems. I suspect the reason no one replied to you sooner is that if an avian vet can't help, no one can. Of course, if you didn't have the vet do a complete exam, it's possible something could be found that could be treated. That would include blood work, x-rays of the legs, and a skin scraping. If you haven't had those things done, that would be the next step.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What kind of answer is that I know that I can go and see the vet. I was waiting for an answer for 48 hours. Instead of 1 day. This is the worst service ever
Expert:  Anna replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry you are disappointed. That is exactly why no one responded to you earlier. I replied because I didn't want you to be completely ignored. We can't give you some magical cure for what sounds like a terrible problem. Bleeding, pus, and swollen legs are not going to respond to any home treatment. Something serious is wrong.

If you would like a refund, let us know. In the meantime, if your vet didn't perform the tests I suggested, for your bird's sake, I would consider that. I hope she will be OK.