Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Her poop is hot, she is eating and drinking great. Only four

Customer Question

Her poop is hot, she is eating and drinking great. Only four day old. Runs around and seem ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name?
Customer: Peep, Pekin duck. She hatched out five days after the others and was being pick on, so move her inside with
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Peking?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. It's not clear to me what your concern is. Do you think that her droppings are too hot - that she's febrile? Please note that a Pekin duck's body temperature at 4 days of age can range from 102-106F.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?