Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

He t the fan I think, he is missing a few feathers slightly

Customer Question

He hit the fan I think, he is missing a few feathers slightly above and left of the crop. He is able to hold his own head up and turn it both ways.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: He is freaking out even with me. I think it may just be adrenaline but he is normally comfortable 100 percent with me. He is a male sun conure about two years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?
Customer: No I don't think so I just want to know if I need to watch out for a head injury and what signs he will show.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

I don't hear of the signs of head trauma - head tilt, a change in mentation (mental status), or head posture - but it would be prudent to treat for shock by placing him in a dimly lit, quiet, and warmed to 85F area until he stabilizes. Handling him should be avoided as much as possible until that occurs. If he's unable to perch well, remove his perches and put his food and water on the bottom of his cage along with him. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.