CVT_in_MN, Avian Veterinarian
Experience:  Work with birds in clinic setting as well as volunteer at wildlife rescue. Have owned birds, including parakeets and Cockatoos.

No the bird stays in one place. 34608 No there are cats in

Customer Question

No the bird stays in one place.
No there are cats in the neighborhood.
Category: Bird
Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 4 months ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Although it's possible that this is a fledgling that still has parents around, I am concerned about the fact that it doesn't try to run away when you approach it. That plus the fact that there are cats around makes me think that the absolute best thing to do is to contact a wildlife rehab in your area. They'll come out and get the bird and take care of it until it's able to fend for itself.

I did some research and found these near you:

Even if these places aren't directly near you or are out of your area, they'll be able to help point you in the direction of someone who can come out and get the little guy.

I hope this helps.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?