Rebekah Kane
Rebekah Kane, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian
94503255

We have a budgie that was attacked by our cat. We have no

Customer Question

We have a budgie that was attacked by our cat. We have no emergency vet clinics here that can see birds. It appears she was bitten in the rear area, and possibly has protruding organs through the wound. We have cleaned with a sterile pad and hydrogen peroxide. What are her chances?
Category: Bird
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 5 months ago.

Hi there I am Dr. Kane and will attempt to assist you with your Budgie tonight. I am sorry to hear about her wounds! Unfortunately, this sounds like it could be a life-threatening wound that needs treatment as soon as possible. If getting her in to a veterinary hospital tonight is not a viable option, I would recommend the following things:

Keep her in her cage in a non-drafty, warmer area of the house. Put a heating pad set on medium underneath her cage, with part of the cage off of the heat so that she can move to a cooler area if needed. Cover her cage with a sheet, and keep loud noises to a minimum. Call her veterinarian first thing in the morning to let them know you will be bringing her in. If she does not have a veterinarian- do your research tonight to find an avian vet who can see her. I really hope all goes well for her!

Has this helped- or are there any other questions I can help you with tonight?

Please don't forget to provide a rating when you have a moment.

Please don't forget to provide a rating!

Hi Gwendolyn,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gwendolyn Cox. How is everything going?

JACUSTOMER-6v519yef-