August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

Found a robin nest on the ground at 12:15am this morning

Customer Question

found a robin nest on the ground at 12:15am this morning with 4 hatchlings. Only 1 is still alive. the nest probably fell somewhere between 6:35pm - 9:30pm last night. the mother is nowhere to be found. I picked up the live baby bird and the nest at 10:30 this morning because the lawn was being mowed. the bird is somewhat active, but has not yet opened its eyes. the tip of its left wing is a little bloody, but other than that it appears physically healthy. I smashed some worms & bugs, but it wont eat or drink anything. P.S. My dogs peed on it and the nest a few times before I realized it was still alive. What do I do now?
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it just ate 1/2 a worm and drank 3 drops of water
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its body temp is feeling really low. What do I do?!?!?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Sandra. I'm sorry for the delay. The best thing to do is going to be find a wildlife rehab/sanctuary that can take the bird in. I can help you find one. Can you provide your city, state and zip code?