August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

He's just sitting at the bottom of his cage not really moving.

Customer Question

He's just sitting at the bottom of his cage not really moving. much less active than usual. Brownish liquid substance at bottom of cage. Not sure what it is. It's my daughter's pet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your daughter's bird. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Basil & we got him from a friend whose mom caught him outside a few years ago so no idea on the age.
JA: How old is Basil?
Customer: Don't know
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Basil?
Customer: No. How much will an online consult cost?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please respond quickly, I'm very worried he's dying.
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am sorry that you have not gotten a response before now. I just started answering questions yesterday, although have been a veterinarian for 11 years. Have you been able to have Basil seen by a veterinarian?