August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

I have a nest of house

Customer Question

I have a nest of house finch's with babies in the outside vent to my gas fireplace. They nest there every year. Today, I saw both the mother and father in the nest, they both flew out as I approached the porch. About an hour later, I found the mother dead, on the porch, and I'm afraid that it looks like my cat may have done this. I don't know how he could because the nest is too high for him to reach and he's too fat to jump very far in the air.. But, the mother had puncture wounds and was somewhat torn apart.
Here's my question. Will the father feed and care for the babies? He's not there now, and it's dark. His heart must be broken. The babies would be very hard to get to, but they are out of the wind and away from the rain which has stopped for the moment. It's going to be quite chilly tonight in Metro Denver. What do you recommend? Thank you.
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Liz. I'm working on response for you right now. Would you prefer a phone call or typed message?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it would be best to talk by phone. My number is(###) ###-####
Liz, there should be a prompt on your screen to accept the phone call. Once this has happened, your information will pop up on my side so that I may call you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm getting frustrated with the billing and add ons. Is the $30.00 for the phone call above the price that I was quoted of $41.00? Because if it is, forget it. I wasn't looking for a sales pitch after sales pitch, monthly membership etc. If I have to wait until the morning and speak to someone locally, no problem. I don't like the idea of spending $41.00 for to answer a question when the birds are not even pets.
I'm sorry that you're frustrated. I am not responsible for what you see on your side of the computer; I am simply here to help you with your question. With the original cost, this allows you and I to speak through the computer. If you wish to speak on the phone, there is an additional fee. The website sets these fees, not I. Would you prefer to continue through the computer as we are doing now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thanks, this hasn't been a positive experience. I don't want to be charged anything and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
I'll contact customer service for you. In the event that you need it: http://www.urbanwildliferescue.orgBest of luck.