August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

And good day to you

Customer Question

Hello and good day to you
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Veterinarian whenever you like.
Customer: Thank you
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the bird?
Customer: I actually have a problem with one of my canaries
JA: Where does your bird seem to hurt?
Customer: he's a male, and while trimming his toenails earlier this week, I noticed one of his middle toes had a small scab of dried blood on it
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: he's not bleeding, but now his toe in inflamed and red like a swollen tick
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  nekovet replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Is the toe above the nail swollen?Is he picking or bothering the area?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for reviewing my case, doctor. I appreciate your time. Unfortunately, I went to the cage to take the photo for you only to find the poor soul has died overnight. It happens. He was just under 4 years old and well into his age. But thank you for the attempt. Have a good day, doctor.
Expert:  nekovet replied 6 months ago.
Hello again,The poor love. I am so sorry to hear that he has passed overnight. In that case, I will send your question back to customer service for you.Please take care,Dr. B.