August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

She won't move and was limping yesterday now it's got worst

Customer Question

She won't move and was limping yesterday now it's got worst she barley holds her head up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the head. What is the head's name and age?
Customer: She was hatched February 29 and her name is Lilly
JA: How old is Lilly?
Customer: 17 days old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lilly?
Customer: She has a brother and he's fine
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

The Virtual assist did not ask what type of reptile you have.

Can you tell me about the set up?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength?

Temps in basking area, warm side and cool side?

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I have received your correction and have changed the category to bird. Your question is now listed in the bird and pet categories.
Thank you
Camille- Moderator
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

I will opt out. Sorry

Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I apologize for all the confusion you have experienced. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in birds. Unfortunately, all the correct information was not gathered by the virtual assistant. What kind of bird is Lilly? Has she been hand fed or are the parents feeding her? What foods? At what temperature is she being kept? Thank you.