Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My cockatiel has a small nosebleed please help. I 't know.

Customer Question

My cockatiel has a small nosebleed please help.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your cockatiel?
Customer: I don't know. He was out walking around, he can't fly. I was running the vacumn. Could that have scared him that much?
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No feet are OK. But what would that have to do with it?
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the cockatiel's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is bright months old.
JA: How old is Pericles?
Customer: Sorry, that was supposed to say eight months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pericles?
Customer: He seems okay to me. This is my first cockatiel but I have hadva canary most of my life.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. I'm very sorry to hear about your little one's nosebleed. Most likely he was scared when he was out and caused himself some trauma by crashing into something. Much as a little kid could fall and bonk their nose to get a nose bleed, a small bird like this can do the same too. At home, the best you can do is to get him into a quiet, confined cage where he is comfortable and let him rest. More than likely the bleeding will stop on its own. There really isn't anything you can do to help it stop quicker.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?