August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I have a 3 to 4 year old rooster most of the time he walks

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl. I have a 3 to 4 year old rooster most of the time he walks fine but recently he seems to get confused and when he starts to walk he is unstable and then turns in circles until he gets his footing right. Can you help me figure out what is wrong with my handsome boy Red?
JA: Is there anybody who is slim enough for themselves? I could lose ten pounds but you might want me to keep it in some places.
Customer: What
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes both feet are clean on Red. My hens are perfect and have no signs of the same symptoms
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Red?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  nekovet replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he had these signs?

Does he always circle in the same direction?

Do you think he has full sight?

Any head tilting?

Any abnormalities with the legs (ie swellings, sores, bruises, etc)?

Any access to toxins, chemicals, salt, or toxic plants?