Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

This isn't going to cost me anything is it? I just now

Customer Question

This isn't going to cost me anything is it? I just now figured out that he's constipated when he didn't partake in his breakfast
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please clarify if you believe him to be constipated because he didn't eat his breakfast or you're seeing him trying to eliminate but he isn't able to. Please tell me what his usual diet is. Has he ingested any non-food items that you're aware of? Constipation isn't common in our pet birds and straining to eliminate is more often associated with diarrhea than constipation.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He was in distress. He displayed behavior that we don't normally see. And I did not see any new stuff on the floor paper, and he didn't partake in his breakfast. But we did get things sorted. He usually eats nuts, fruits and granola with me in the morning. As it turned out he was being fed cookies while I was away and that was what he wanted, he threw a fit and refused everything else for a while. There won't be any more cookies in the house either. He scared me lol

That's a good update! He wanted to be the Cookie Monster on the Muppets show..."Me want cookie!"

Thank you for letting me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow up sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.