Joan
Joan, Vet. Tech.
Experience:  Vet Tech
5071285

I have a very small bird huddled by my door in the rain. It

Customer Question

I have a very small bird huddled by my door in the rain. It has been there all afternoon and is soaking wet. Is there anything I can do besides keep my cat inside, which I am doing. I thought about putting it in a shoebox so it can dry off and get warm. Should I do anything or not?
Category: Bird
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you have not been helped. I just came on and saw your question. I have been a Vet tech for 30+years. You can put the little bird in a shoe box with paper towels and a rice sock(a tube sock filled with uncooked rice heated in the microwave to warm it up and help keep the little bird warm. This should help the bird feel better and when it has dried and better it can go free, or if seems ill you can then turn it over to the Animal Care Center or Humane Society to get it help and rehabilitation.

Joan