Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned and/or raised parakeets, finches, cockatiels, and poultry over a period of thirty years.
6012901

My dash/ mix attack one of my domestic toul geese. She has a

Customer Question

My dash/***** ***** mix attack one of my domestic toul geese. She has a bit mark at the base of her body. How can I treat it
Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in birds. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. I apologize for the lack of formatting. I'm working from my phone and the JustAnswer platform doesn't allow formatting except on a computer. The first step is to gently wash the would with aild soap and water. Rinse well. Follow that with an application of Betadine (sold on first aid departments of discount stores and pharmacies). Then put on a very thin layer of plain Neosporin. Treat the Neosprin each day. Until the wound heals, don't let the goose swim because that increases the chances of infection. Just provide a bucket of water. Animal bites are very prone to infection. Watch for increased redness, swelling, appetite loss, or lethargy. If any of those appear, you'll need to see a vet for prescription antibiotics. If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I hope the wound will heal uneventfully. Anna