August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I have three cockatiel chicks recently weaned. The youngest

Customer Question

I have three cockatiel chicks recently weaned. The youngest is 61 days old. I recently noticed that they all have new bald patches on their heads, and they look like they have been plucking. Why are they doing this and how do I stop it? They are in a separate cage from the parents, but do see them and spend time with them every day.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am still needing an answer.
Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Michelle-Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I've been offline the the past several days and just now found your question buried in the queue, sorry. Would you still like someone to work with you on your question?