August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I have a Blue Front Amazon - I was told at purchase of this

Customer Question

I have a Blue Front Amazon - I was told at purchase of this second hand bird in 2002 that Cosmo was a HE and 4 year old. A few years ago when I took him in for a nail clip/trip the same person who sold him said SHE was trying to lay eggs. Since then we moved way in the country - I clip wings/nails. Cosmo is bleeding from the anus - IS this because SHE is FEMALE - we checked her/he - cleaned it - does look like a female having a period. We did several years ago put in a nesting box but she just ate it. She must be about 14-15 years old at least. Lives with a male Sun Conure very happily.

Category: Bird
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

paid $18 for an answer? am I going to get one?

Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Michelle-Moderator

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

I am so sorry for the long wait, it's difficult to predict when an Expert with the expertise needed for your question might be logging on. We will continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Camille-Moderator