August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I have a spectacled parrotlet that was diagnosed by an avian

Customer Question

i have a spectacled parrotlet that was diagnosed by an avian vet to have epilepsy. He's seizing now and nobody in my city will inject him with valium because they won't accept the liability. Is there anything i could give him orally to stop the seizures? i got my old vet 4000 miles away to fax a prescription for oral valium but due to the time of day it can't be filled until tomorrow.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Pat replied 1 year ago.
Greetings, I am Dr. Pat. I have worked with birds for many years. I will do my best to help you.
I am sorry no other expert has taken your question. We all come online at different times, I have just logged in and saw that you have not been answered. I hope I can still be of assistance.
Is he doing ok? Did you have the prescription filled?
I will opt out so your preferred expert can answer, but please respond if you still need help.