helperDVM
helperDVM, Avian Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal and exotics veterinarian.
76789122

I have two lovebirds one is laying and she has without form

Customer Question

Hi I have two lovebirds one is laying and she has without form diarrhea. The other has form but excess liquid. I took them to the vet and he said they were probably just drinking too much water He examined both and said they appear to be healthy What can I do to eliminate the diarrhea
Category: Bird
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
Add fiber to their diet in the form of fresh fruit and veggies. This will increase their natural intake of water and keep them from gorging on fresh water. The other nice thing about fruit and veggies is that they both add fiber to the diet which aids in making firmer stool. Also make sure to check the expiration dates on your commercial food for them. Feeding birds expired food can also lead to GI problems!
Expert:  helperDVM replied 1 year ago.
Did you have additional questions? I'm happy to talk with you until you are satisfied!!