Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned and/or raised parakeets, finches, cockatiels, and poultry over a period of thirty years.
6012901

What temperature would be appropriat bird?

Customer Question

what temperature would be appropriat for cockatiel bird? upper limit? lower limit?
Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in birds. I would like to help you today.
In the wild, cockatiels tolerate a wide range of temperatures, but some of those birds do die when subjected to those variations. Our pet cockatiels are best off if the lowest temperature they're subjected to is around 60*F, and even that can lead to health problems. Cockatiels do best in a range of 65*F to 80*F. They can tolerate warmer temperatures, and sick birds do require more warmth than that.
Some people do keep cockatiels outdoors, but if the temperatures regularly drop below 65*F, the birds are at risk. If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY.
Anna
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service only after you have all the information you need. Thank you!