Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

Brought home today a bird thats wing was broken a week ago.

Brought home today a bird that's wing was broken a week ago. Is death still a danger? Bird acts Ok
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question about this little one. This far out from the initial trauma would hopefully mean that it isn't a life threatening situation. Will she gain use of that broken wing? That is up in the air. I would hope that this little one is eating and drinking well. As long as she / he is, then give her time to see how she does. I'm hoping for the best. Thank you for giving her a good home!
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience: 13 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I have to thank Jesus for this Bird !!! I have been wanting a cockatiel since mine died years ago. decided to just stop by the pet store to see how much a large cage would cost and see if they had any cockatiels. No cages for sale and no cockatiels in cages until I was going out and saw this one behind the counter.

I asked are you selling the cockatiel?"

The store owner said " I can't sell you her but you can HAVE her . "

So off home we went Bird and really nice large cage at NO cost to me.

Thanks. for quick response.

Audrey L Green

Music From a Jewish Carpenter