S. August Abbott, CAS
S. August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author

zebra finches, my male finch was fighting with the female finch

zebra finches, my male finch was fighting with the female finch after she had laid her eggs, so i took the male finch out and i would like to know if the eggs need both parents to hatch and what do i needs to do to help the mother
Category: Bird
Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 5 years ago.
Less than one year old parents are pretty young for breeding and there are more complications with them than an older, more experienced pair.

The young male has a tendency to become overly dutiful, sometimes they'll continue building the nest with more and more materials they find around the cage, or even modifying the current materials so much that they cover the clutch. When out of sight, the female re-lays a new clutch over the original and chances increase that neither will thrive.

The aggression is also more often seen in young birds like this, so what you did is correct. Try reintroducing him for the nighttime hours and watching closely during the day. If he begins to act out, remove him again and repeat the routine.

She can manage the nest on her own if necessary, but you need to keep the food and water supply very nearby so her excursions aren't too long off the eggs. There's more here:

animaladventurepets

and Finchworld

Good luck!
Experience: Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author