Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am going to file a defamation of character lawsuit-libel.

Customer Question

I am going to file a defamation of character lawsuit-libel. I have a layup case and have done extensive research. This my ex-fiance' who got an emergency order of protection order against me and as you know it public record. It is 99.9% lies and I can prove it. I need to get this behind me She has perjured herself in a written fashion and verbally in court in two counties. I know what the penalties are for perjury. 1-5 fines and community service as well as possible other charges. I also know that once I do this It really is out of my hands in terms of how the judge rules. I cant relly say to the judge please dont put her jail I just want my repution back. Thought please. Thank you
JA: What state is this in? And have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: Illinois and no charges yet thats what I am finalizing. I think I might take the bar after this
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I filed an order in a different county to try and get my dog back personal items a a dismissal of her order the judge basically had a full day and did really listen to me. She is a felon in two counties. By the way I did not show up for the hearing regarding her order because I was in ICU my mother called the court twice to inform them
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a 40 page doc which answers everything in detail. The only reason I am doing this pro se is because it's just a lay up I could turn it over to my 24 yr old son and he could win it
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for contacting JUST ANSWER. Our rules do not permit us to represent our customers directly in legal matters. We may only provide information and answer general questions. If you have specific questions, please submit them by Reply.