Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm looking to c if I can sue tobacco company cause I have

Customer Question

I'm looking to c if I can sue tobacco company cause I have copd and I'm very addictive to cigarette now
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: No not yet just wondering if I can do it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it ty
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes. There are lawsuits (individual and class action) that have been filed against some cigarette manufacturers for making a product that they knew was going to be addictive to individuals (COPD or not). So yes, this is a possible case. You can find an attorney to look into this matter. I know for a fact one firm (link HERE) takes these kinds of cases.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).