Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

Can you sue a company for personal injury because of a

Customer Question

Can you sue a company for personal injury because of a produt, but that company is not online anymore?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When you say they are not online, are they completely out of business? Where are/were they located?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Located in UK, there website is offline, so they are not selling anymore
Thank you for your reply.
If they are still a registered company in the UK and are just not selling online, then you can sue them still in the UK. However, if their business closed completely, not just closed up online, then no you cannot sue them any longer as they would no longer be an existing entity that could be sued.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What if it's not a limited company, but a solo company?
Thank you for the additional information.
If it is a sole proprietor then you can sue the individual personally and seek to collect the damages from them personally, even if they are no longer doing business.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My baby swallowed a piece of my broken necklace (the broken necklace i bought from them).Can I still sue them, or is this my own responsibility?
Thank you for your reply.
In order to hold them liable for your baby swallowing the piece of the necklace, you have to prove not that it was broken, but that it was defective in some way and because it was defective it came apart and your baby got to a piece of it to swallow. This would be a very difficult case to pursue.