Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have a Pontiac g6 that has been recalled several times. My

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Pontiac g6 that has been recalled several times. My car shifted forward and rolled into my garage door despite being in park. This was one part of one of the recalls. I submitted a claim several years ago when it first happened for the cost of damages to my door. GM kept telling me that they were working on it then I heard nothing after 18 months and reached out to them, they apologized as the person working on it wasn't there or misplaced the info. I then received a letter from a law firm representing GM stating they could not help me as it was past the statute of limitations. Is this right since I submitted the claim way before the statute of limitations had expired?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

It is very difficult to overcome a statute of limitations issue. You should still submit a claim in court and try to argue to the judge that it was their failure to respond promptly that lead to the expiration of the statute of limitations.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated