Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I don"t know where to begin. My daughter is suffering from

Customer Question

I don"t know where to begin. My daughter Lisa is suffering from the Smart Meter Duke Energy has put on our home on August 17, 2016. Lisa was misdiagnosed for over 20 years so when they finally found out what was wrong she was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease. For eight years she fought to get better. I thought I would lose her at any time during the treatment. It was aggressive. She was doing so well until they put the Smart Meter on our home. She noticed it right away with burning in her throat, blurred vision, pain throughout her body. Not a little pain excruciating pain 24/7. Tonight she told me she doesn't want to live this way any more. I need a lawyer that can help me fight Duke Energy of North and South Carolina. I have asked them, no begged them to please put the meter that was on my home before August 17, 2016 and they said they could not because they have all been recycled. I find that hard to believe as all the homes in Lancaster have not been fitted with the new Smart Meter. There is so much more I could give you but it would take me forever. We called the Utility Commissioner Office in Columbia, SC to file a complaint. Duke Energy keeps saying the meters are not harmful. Maybe not to everyone, but to a lot of people with a compromised immune system this Smart Meter is deadly. Here comes the hard part....I am retired and my husband is retiring soon. We don't have a lot of money. Everywhere we've turned we hit a brick wall in having this meter removed. Can you suggest a lawyer? Thank you, ***** ***** Luciano
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are in SC . We filed a complaint with the PSC but they want to throw it out due to unfounded facts. Right now we need to have analog meters which are safe put on our home immediately. Duke Energy would rather sit out on the 40 year old science about microwave radiation only causing tissue burns rather than paying attention to the science that says short wave pulsed RF radiation has biological negative affects in the nervous system, the immune system and the endocrine system. We need help and somebody with regulatory experience.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 24 days ago.

I will try and help. What makes you believe the Smart Meter is the problem?

Please let me know.

DCG