Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

My son was killed in a pedestrian train accident. I am

Customer Question

My son was killed in a pedestrian train accident. I am wondering, is the train required to not only blow the horn but also attempt to stop when they see a pedestrian on the tracks? Also is there a way to get Union Pacific to release their investigation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is no law about trains blowing whistles except at railroad street crossings, but safety dictates that if they actually do see a pedestrian on the tracks they should provide a warning. The only way to get the investigation released is by suing the railroad for his death and demanding the information through the lawsuit. They will claim he was trespassing on the tracks, but they still should have provided some warning IF he was actually seen by the train conductor.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.