How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAttorney Your Own Question
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1218
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 37 years
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
FamilyAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had back surgery April was a year ago my back hurts. Still

Customer Question

I had back surgery April was a year ago my back hurts. Still and my diaphram was paralyzed so lung does not work. I need to know if there is anything I can do. The Dr.. refuses to see me.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay.than you
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It doesn't sound like your doctor has much of an interest in helping you and I do hope that he didn't do a terrible job with your surgery. However, because of all the issues you are having, you really need to get a second opinion. You have serious issues - back, diaphragm, and lung, so you can't live this way in comfort. You should really look into getting a second opinion.

If it turns out that the first doctor botched the surgery and committed malpractice, then you would need to think about filing a malpractice suit against the doctor. Hopefully this is a condition that can be fixed but you need another opinion. Your doctor doesn't even want to see you? What kind of nonsense is that? I hope he's licensed! He doesn't sound reputable at all.

Can you see another dr. and get a second opinion? If you do that, and find out the surgery was done improperly, then you may have a malpractice suit, but you won't know until you see another dr.

Make sure it is a reputable one.

Does this answer your question? I'm sorry you're going thru this now so I want to help you and make sure this is resolved for you.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

Do you know where to look for another doctor? You can't do anything legally until you've had someone else examine you to find out what went wrong and why it went wrong. Hopefully another doctor will be able to undo what the first dr. did.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

Does this help you? Would you rather have a phone call?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

I am here every day and am happy to take follow-up questions free of charge once I have been rated favorably. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight. We can't know if you have a malpractice suit until another doctor, a reputable one, examines you and makes findings about what happened in your surgery.

Once you have some answers, then you will be able to see if you're in a position to file a malpractice suit and perhaps get corrective surgery.

Please let me know if you have any more questions as I am happy to answer them.

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars (5, 4 or 3 stars) and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information such as where to find a lawyer. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating.

Feel free to come back here for a follow-up question based on this one.
You're welcome to ask follow-up questions at any time, any day after I'm rated. Thanks so much!

A follow-up question is free if it is based on this one, while a new question would need a new post. Also you may make a copy of this transcript so you know what to do.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you!

Thanks for letting me help you tonight!

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 6 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you or if there is any more information that you need. Thanks!


Related Personal Injury Law Questions