Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Partnered in a personal injury law firm for approximately 30 years.
18215332

Would like to know if I can sue my insurance company for

Customer Question

Would like to know if I can sue my insurance company for negligence
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: Nothing yet but permanent damage has been done .because they had excuses
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been disabled since 2004 stage 3 cancer.had two-thirds of my stomach removed as well as my left testicle. And more damage has been done do to insurance reasons. Not Dr.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.

Yes you can sue your insurance company, but it would be for breach of contract rather than negligence. That is, the insurance company did not do what it agreed to do under the terms if it's policy and you suffered monetary loss or damage because of it.

I hope that you will rate this positively, and that all goes well for you in the future. I will be off line most of today and tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.