Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience

I was involved in two separate car accidents within 10 days.

Customer Question

I was involved in two separate car accidents within 10 days. Both times the other party was at full fault. Both accidents were of similar nature. Which accident takes liability for my injuries?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

This is really a factual question that depends on your specific injuries and the specifics of each accident. I will assume, though, for the sake of your question that the accidents were roughly comparable in terms of severity and type, and that there is no clear way to discern which injuries were the result of which accident. In that case, the standard practice of insurance companies will be to each assume half of your damages. Again, though, ultimately there is a factual question here and so it is impossible to say for certainly how damages will be apportioned because each case is different, but as a general practice where it is not possible to discern which specific injuries were caused by which accident and the accidents were both roughly comparable in terms of severity, the standard practice is to split the damages equally.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....