Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience

Second opinion] - My husband was admitted to a hospital on

Customer Question

Second opinion] - My husband was admitted to a hospital on Jul 27 pneumonia due to aspiration. He was in the hosp for two weeks then transferred to a nursing/rehab home. While at the home he fell out of bed twice. the first time there were no injuries, the second time he ended up at ICU.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: He had an egg on his egg that bled, black eye, swollen finger, messed up knee. he had 3 CT scans in 2 days, an MRI and an EGG (electrodes all over his head). He is now in another nursing home.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I don't want to responsible for the tests he had in the hospital. the original nursing home has made no apology or acceptance of the liabilities for this fall out of bed. what do I do? This occurred in Northern California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. didn't know where to start.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's the ground work. Not thinking about big settlement, just don't want to be responsible for these bills.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

It sounds like you are asking if there is a potential claim against the facility. That being your question, if the facility did not implement safeguards to protect against the second fall, then it is very likely they were negligent, and a claim for medical malpractice could arise from these circumstances.

If you do desire to pursue a claim, you would want to retain an attorney as soon as possible. Many lawyers handle claims of this nature on a pure contingency fee basis. If you don't know, a contingency fee arrangement is one in which the attorney receives a portion of the client's settlement or award as his payment, typically 1/3 of the total amount. If there is no recovery, the attorney does not get paid. The client never pays until the settlement or award is obtained (except perhaps to cover the filing costs for his claim).

I hope this addresses your question. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....