Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

Can an insurance company make a decision on a claim from

Customer Question

Can an insurance company make a decision on a claim from medical record tho the death had nothing to do with an illness.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Can they yes, does that mean that they are correct? No. It is in the best interest of the insurance company when the facts are not conclusive to find that it was related to something that does not cost them more money. You can still file a medical malpractice claim if you believe that the death was related to the medical care in question. You will need to retain an attorney to assess your claim and that attorney will have to hire an expert in the related field that can be very costly. Since this will be a wrongful death claim, then damages can be very high, which means you possible claim could be quite valuable which is not in the nest interests of the insurance company. My main area of expertise is medical malpractice so I have a lot of experience in this field.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.