Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  N/A

In the state of Alabama we are fortunate to have the 3

Customer Question

In the state of Alabama we are fortunate to have the 3 vehicle stacking per policy. If there is a driver that in Alabama is driving alone and hits a tree and has suffered significant injuries, does the stacking provision apply? In other words, this individual has 3 automobiles on the same policy with the uninsured/under-insured purchased for all 3 vehicles. How does the stacking apply in this setting? of note, this individual has State Farm insurance. Please advise. Thank you very much.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am an attorney with over 20 years of experience and I look forward to assisting you today. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Stacking is a policy feature that multiplies your uninsured/underinsured policy limits by the number of cars on the policy. So when you have several cars on one auto insurance policy, they are "stacked", meaning you can collect the uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) coverage of all the cars if there is an accident. So if you have three vehicles in a stacked policy, you can multiply the coverage times three. But this deals with hit and run collisions and when someone hits you who has no auto insurance coverage or is underinsured. This would not apply to a situation where someone is driving alone and hits a tree because the driver would be at fault. I hope this helps.

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Do you have any further questions? Were you satisfied with the services I provided to you?