CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney with experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
71563194

My wife had a Greenfield filter put in her to prevent blood

Customer Question

my wife had a Greenfield filter put in her to prevent blood clots / instead a major clot actually formed inside the filter itself which caused major problems , what recourse do we have?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation. This is a type of personal injury claim that will actually potentially allow your wife to choose between hiring a personal injury attorney to represent just her (requires more personal input but also tends to gain a much higher recovery), or to try to find a class action case to join (much less input or involvement, but also a much lower recovery - for these I recommend starting with a local personal injury attorney and getting referrals as opposed to watching the late night television ads for class action suits, you are going to get a much better referral).

Personal injury claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert to testify as to the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).